Dec 19, 2012

A tune draft: Κυριος ἐμοι βοηθος

Link to the wav file: kurios emoi boeithos


In an ealier phase, I learnt Biblical Hebrew without using songs. In recent years, my learning has been renewed with a large dose of songs. The difference in the effect on memory, grasp of vocabulary, and reading fluency is huge! Plus, it is such a joy to sing to the Lord! And often together with brothers and sisters!

This learning effect has been demonstrated in me in my learning of one European language, although I cannot find anyone to sing praise song in that language with me, because I do not have time to find a fellow learner. Few people learn that language.

That's why now I make a point to find and sing a lot of New Testament Greek songs. Since not many has been found yet, I resort to composing simple tunes to worshipful words in the NT.

I absolutely do not intend such a poor quality thing to be a real song, rather it's just a draft of a shape of a tune to hold words for memory. I put up a recording just because I'm too lazy to write or type musical notations.

Please excuse me for the poor tune, rough singing, low-quality guitar playing and recording. I do not have enough time or technology or patience to make nice recordings. I'll be glad if someone takes it and improves it. It can also be downloaded. I do not reserve its copy right. But please just tell me, because I hope to listen to your improved version!

Text from: Hebrews 13:6 and Psalms 118:6, Hebrews 13:5

Lyrics:

Verse -
κύριος ἐμοὶ βοηθός, καὶ οὐ φοβηθήσομαι
κύριος ἐμοὶ βοηθός, καὶ οὐ φοβηθήσομαι
τί ποιήσει μοι ἄνθρωπος;
κύριος ἐμοὶ βοηθός, καὶ οὐ φοβηθήσομαι

Chorus -
αὐτὸς γὰρ εἴρηκεν· οὐ μή σε ἀνῶ οὐδ᾽ οὐ μή σε ἐγκαταλίπω
αὐτὸς γὰρ εἴρηκεν· οὐ μή σε ἀνῶ οὐδ᾽ οὐ μή σε ἐγκαταλίπω

Repeat verse




No comments:

Post a Comment